23 September 2013
Congratulations to our winners!
The 2013 SATOA Travel Awards took place on September 19th at the Bbar in Victoria, London.
Only in its second year, this prestigious awards ceremony that recognises the very best in travel to Southern Africa and the Indian Ocean, has had to add additional categories for the Best Safari Experience and Responsible Tourism Award.
We would like to thank our sponsors; the One&Only Cape Town and luxury travel company Cox & Kings.
“The winners were voted by our members and travel industry partners with judging independent of SATOA and It is a great pleasure to recognise the fantastic achievements of the best in Southern Africa travel with you” said SATOA Chair, Tesna Simonsen.
Best UK / Ireland Tour Operator Winner - Travel Butlers
Best UK / Ireland Travel Agent Winner - Travel Matters
Best Hotel 20 Rooms or Less Winner - Isandlwana Lodge
Best Hotel 20 Rooms or More Winner - Grootbos Private Nature Reserve
Best Safari Experience Winner - Thanda Tented Camp
Responsible Tourism Award Joint Winners Tzaneen Country Lodge and Nuarro Eco Lodge
Outstanding SATOA Member Winner - Tourism KwaZulu Natal
- ends –
Notes to editors:
1. SATOA is a leading professional non-profit travel and tourism association formed in 1982. Managed by a committee in the UK on behalf of its members, SATOA promotes travel to Africa and the Indian Ocean while providing its members with a platform from which to promote their products, network and create new business opportunities. www.SATOA.com
2. Please contact Sue Gallagher for event photographs [email protected]
3. SATOA participates in and runs a number of travel trade promotions across the UK throughout any year.
4. For destination images and further information please contact Sue Gallagher on +44 (0) 203 468 5975 or on [email protected]
5. For information on becoming a SATOA partner, or to sponsor an event, please contact Sue as above.