The itinerary is available to the UK travel trade, with only eight spaces available for operators and agents.
Departing on June 3 and returning on June 12, the itinerary explores the iconic landscapes of the west, and marine life off the islands in northern Madagascar – making the most of Ethiopian Airlines’ schedule from London, as it flies into the capital, Antananarivo, and returns from Nosy Be.
Highlights of the eight-day trip, with option to extend to 10 days, includes:
- Learning to cook authentic Malagasy dishes with a local chef in Antananarivo.
- Experiencing the landscape of Parc National des Tsingy de Bemaraha.
- Taking photographs of the iconic Allée des Baobabs at sunset.
- Seeing the birds and wildlife while canoeing on the Manambolo River.
- Taking an ocean safari in Nosy Be to see the marine life.
The basic itinerary is as follows:
Day 1: Depart UK
Day 2: Arrive Antananarivo
Day 3: Menabe canoe ride, a village visit, and Allée des Baobabs
Day 4: Parc National des Tsingy de Bemaraha
Day 5: Nature walk in small Tsingy de Bemaraha, canoe on the Manambolo River, then fly back to ‘Tana.
Day 6: Nosy Be island tour and hotel visits
Day 7: Marine safari at Nosy Iranja
Day 8: Marine safari at Nosy Be