In many cases the trucks were sold off at the end of the trip to offset costs as good vehicles were in demand in Africa . The crew consisted of a driver/guide/cook, and the passengers scooped en route . It really was an African Experience .
Started in 1990 by Australian Greame “ Thomo” Thompsons Africa Travel Co was one of the pioneer overland companies , Thomo driving many of the tripes himself. Thirty years later Africa Travel Co now offers over 30 different trips criss crossing Africa from north to south and east to west ranging in duration from 9 days to 30 weeks . With offices and workshops ob Nairobi, Victoria Falls and Care Town to back up and support clients and staff.
Whilst accommodation is still in spacious two man tents and , campsites with hot showers and facilities are now used as the norm. Cooking , helping the crew with the camp chores and shopping are still all part of the adventure. Trips are no longer off the cuff affairs , they are well planned and take in the cultural and adventure activities that the countries en route offer , ranging from gorilla trekking in Uganda to white water rafting at Victoria Falls and visiting the Zulu War battlefield sites in South Africa . Over landing really has come of age !
Changing client profiles , a trip to suit all ages, family friendly safari adventuers
Africa Travel Co introduced guaranteed departure Family Safaris on 13 of their most popular safaris with durations ranging from 9 to 42 days . Some are available in both directions. As a parent himself “ Thomo” wanted to share his safari experiences with his son Shaun , family and friends. He carefully choose itineraries and destinations that were both educational, and fun combining camp life with the occasional lodge stay.
For the 2019 safari season Africa Travel Co offer the following trips and departures , specifically for families and multi generation travel . All departures are guaranteed and use a combination of camping and lodges. These Family Departures also feature a variety of discounts .
Looking for something short and sweet up to 13 days ?
- Windhoek to Victoria Falls: 9 days ( also runs in reverse direction )
- Namibian Explorer Cape Town to Windhoek: 13 days (also runs in reverse direction)
- Southern Adventure: Victoria Falls to Johannesburg Zimbabwe, Botswana and South Africa 11 days ( also run in the reverse direction)
- Mozambique Explorer: Johannesburg to Johannesburg South Africa , Mozambique , Swaziland 13 days .
- Best of East Africa , Nairobi to Nairobi 10 days
More time on your hands up to 21 days
- Southern Sun: Cape Town to Victoria Falls South Africa Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe 21 days ( also runs in reverse direction)
- East Africa Discoverer: Victoria Falls to DarEs Salaam,Zimbabwe, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi and Tanzania 15 days ( also runs in reverse direction)
- Southern Discoverer: Victoria Falls To Nairobi Kenya, Tanzania,Malawi, Zambia and Botswana 21 days. ( also runs in reverse direction)
The Long way round up to 42 days.
- Safari to the Falls: Kenya, Tanzania ,Malawi, Zambia , Botswana and Zimbabwe 26 days )( also runs in reverse direction)
- Northern Safari:Johannesburg to Nairobi South Africa , Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania and Kenya 32 days ( also runs in revers direction)
- African Encounter Cape Town to Dar es SalaamSouth Africa,Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi and Tanzania 36 days ( also runs in reverse direction)
- Southern Explorer Nairobi to Cape Town, Kenya , Tanzania Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, South Africa 42 days ( also runs in reverse direction)
For more information visit www.africatravelco.com
or contact email@example.com