Anyone who’s been on safari before knows that no two game drives are ever the same! There are two daily game drives at Ulusaba, one leaving early in the morning and one leaving late afternoon, each lasting around three hours. Times will vary depending on the season, but you should always keep your eyes peeled for the Big 5!
You’ll traverse over 13,500 hectares of private reserve with your dedicated Ranger and Tracker who will tailor your game drive just for you!
Here are some hints and tips for making the most of your time in the bush on game drive. Your game drive will leave you with some vivid memories, so make sure you don’t forget the following:
• A good camera, although take care when using a flash – some of the animals aren’t particularly keen. Just ask your Ranger and Tracker for guidance – they’re on good terms with all our neighbours.
• Binoculars. We have a pair on each game vehicle to share, but if you’ve got your own you should certainly bring them.
• Always bring sunglasses, and in the winter months a sweater or fleece, especially in the evenings. We provide blankets and hotwater bottles in winter if it’s cold, and there are also ponchos if it is raining.
• It’s best to wear pale and neutral colours when on game drives so not to attract the animals’ attention any more than strictly necessary!
• Please do not bring your mobile phone with you on game drives – we have radios in the cars to contact Ulusaba or the Sabi Sand authorities in case of an emergency